Click on an image to see it larger… Xx
THE HORNED ONE; THE HARVEST KING
The God speaks:
I am the radiant King of the Heavens, flooding the Earth with warmth and encouraging the hidden seed of creation to burst forth into manifestation. I lift My shining spear to light the lives of all beings
and daily pour forth My gold upon the Earth, putting to flight the powers of darkness.
I am the master of the beasts wild and free. I run with the swift stag and soar as a sacred falcon against the simmering sky. The ancient woods and wild places emanate My powers and the birds of the air sing of My sanctity.
I am also the last harvest, offering up My grain and fruits beneath the sickle of time so that all may be nourished. For without planting there can be no harvest; without winter no spring. Worship Me as the thousand-named Sun of creation, the spirit of
the horned stag in the wild, the endless harvest. See in the yearly cycle of festivals My birth, death and rebirth – and know that such is the destiny of all creation.
The Little Red House with No Doors and No Windows and a Star Inside – Adapted by C.J.Brown
One crisp Autumn day a boy named Peter was looking for something to do. His mother was busy making applesauce and couldn’t stop to play with him, so she suggested that he go on a quest.
Apple Seed Fortune Telling
· Give each person in the group an apple.
· Cut the apples and carefully remove the seeds.
· Count the seeds and use the following list to tell your fortune:
MABON HEARTH & HOME RITE
- A bowl of fresh earth from your yard
- An assortment of iron nails* (railroad spikes work nicely if you can get them)
- A brown or green candle to represent the land
There is no need to cast a circlebefore beginning this rite, because you will be casting a magical perimeter as part of the working.
Autumn Equinox Meditation:
Breathe deeply and relax. Close your eyes. Let your breathing become slow, even, more and more relaxing. Relax, relax into the darkness. Relax deeper into yourself. Descend into yourself as deeply as you desire. As you descend, experience fully the sense of darkness. And know that although you descend to the depths of darkness, you are safe. And experience, too, that although you are deep within yourself, you are connected to all those here, and to many who have come before, and also to future generations.
Activities of Mabon:
- Select the best of each vegetable, herb, fruit, nut, and other food you have harvested or purchased and give it back to Mother Earth with prayers of thanksgiving.
- Using a needle, draw pieces of monofilament cord through several sunflowers. Hang the flowers in trees so birds can eat the seeds. As you hang the flowers, say “Symbols of Sun, Who now departs. And leaves the world both cold and dark, Live on within these seeds of Light. And feed our feathered friends in flight. That they may thrive in winter’s chill. Until again with light You fill the The Earth and shine again anew. Replacing ice with morning dew.”
- Hang dried ears of corn around your home in appreciation of the harvest season.
Symbolism of Mabon:
This is a gorgeous season. Nature is a blaze of color and everything seems to come into balance. Night and day are again equal. There is a bountiful harvest to be thankful for, yet we must plan for the sparse times ahead. This is a time of generosity and conservation. So, how do you share these values with your children? You can plan Mabon activities for the whole family to enjoy.